Internships at CHRIS 180
CHRIS 180 partners with local universities to ensure we have the workforce of tomorrow. We offer unpaid internships in a variety of social work, mental health and substance abuse programs for adults, children and youth.
We are currently accepting applications for clinical internships. If you are interested in an internship in a non-clinical area or have questions, email us for more information.
Clinical Internship Requirements
- Signed, current Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between CHRIS 180 and college or university of student intern.
- Available for up to 24 hours each week at designated site.
- Intern must be available/willing to work for ten months to one year on site.
- Intern must maintain student eligibility for duration of internship.
- Intern must provide current transcripts (an unofficial copy is sufficient).
- All internship candidates will participate in an interview for final selections. Submission of an internship application or designation by student’s school does not guarantee placement at CHRIS 180.
- Successful criminal background check, fingerprinting, and drug screen prior to acceptance.
- Completion of all state required Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability (DBHDD) trainings within the first 60 days of placement. Some training may require additional hours on site.
- Successful completion of training in the electronic health record system is required before interns meet with any clients.
- Participate in regular supervision following university/college and CHRIS 180 guidelines.
- If audio/video recordings of client/family sessions are required by student’s school for training, then client must agree in advance of session and documentation using CHRIS 180 waivers must be signed and uploaded to client record. Client can change mind at any time. Students are responsible to supply any/all equipment needed for recordings.
- All counseling interns must currently attend schools that are currently CACREP certified. BSW and MSW social work interns must currently attend schools that are currently CSWE certified.
- CHRIS 180 reserves the right to terminate an internship at any time.