To help young adults, ages 17-24, better prepare for self-sufficient lives after foster care, we opened the Summit Trail Apartment Community to provide supervised living for those who are homeless, parenting, leaving juvenile justice and/or mental health systems. This supportive housing community helps young adults learn the skills necessary for productive adulthood in a supervised environment.
Residents are paired with a Life Coach who use the Transition to Independence Model to focus on:
- Employment & Career
- Educational Opportunities
- Living Situations
- Personal Effectiveness & Well-Being
- Community Life Functioning
The Transition to Independence Model Provides the following methods:
- Engage through Person-Centered Approach
- Tailor Services & Support to be Accessible, Coordinated, Developmentally Appropriate & Built on Strengths
- Acknowledge Personal Choice
- Ensure a Safety Net of Support
- Enhance Competencies to Assist in Self-Sufficiency
As a part of CHRIS 180’s ongoing commitment to environmental sustainability, Summit Trail apartments are EarthCraft Multifamily Certified buildings.
For more information about Summit Trail, please contact 404.564.3420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.